Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Return of Sailor Otaku; Real Kyoryu Gold Pictures

I have returned from Japan... it was a fantastic trip, by the way. By no action of my own, I was upgraded to first class on the flight over, and if you've never flown first class internationally, let me tell you that it's like being a Greek deity for 14 hours (except for all the treachery, incest, and tragedy).

While I was there, I had the opportunity to have a look at some magazines for upcoming Super Sentai and Kamen Rider events, but once again, 2ch beat me to the punch with these images of the actual Kyoryu Gold. This time, it's not a troll post news release of Torin. Kyoryu Gold is, like KyoryuCyan, another Spirit Warrior, this time from ancient Japan. From Japan's Sengoku Jidai comes Utsusemimaru. If you're curious what his name means, it's an ancient name from when people didn't have last names: it refers to both the realm of the living, and the cast off shell of a cicada (it's a very poetic word). Expect him to have a cute nickname.


With the power of Pteragodon, Utsusemimaru wields the power of lightning. Some have noted that he's coming in very early (we first saw the beast battery in the hands of the Deboss in the most recent episode) rather than halfway through.

By the way, I'm preparing a number of photos I took while I was there and hope to show them off soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment