Friday, December 6, 2013

Tokkyuger Image

A press conference was held today regarding the next Super Sentai series, Ressha Sentai Tokkyuger. An image of the team's suits has surfaced.

I'm not sure how to feel about the suits, personally, they seem a little minimalistic. In my opinion, something is missing from them -- this is one instance when I think scarves would really add something back to the costume, but again, this is just my opinion.

The same is true of the mech, Tokkyu-Oh. I do like the individual trains, though. I suspect that it'll have multiple configurations. Or at least I hope. The toy's going to be 1.2m tall, by the way.

As you can see here in the image, we're back to wristband changers, a classic of Sentai. Pressing the lever down on the device causes a train station arrival announcement to play, announcing the transformation. Of particular interest is something rather new to Sentai: the fact that the heroes appear to be able to swap their colors. Presumably, colors confer different abilities, so they can change to suit the occasion. They are identified not by their colors, but by their numbers. The main hero, for example, is Tokkyu #1.

No comments:

Post a Comment