Saturday, March 26, 2016

WEEABOO SHOGUN: Special Rescue Police Winspector Episode #49 (Series Finale)

With Ryoma overwhelmed during a fire rescue, and the team planning to disband and move to France, Ryoma becomes increasingly concerned about the unidentifiable health conditions he is experiencing. When Commander Masaki investigates, he discovers a shocking truth: an enemy from Winspector's past, bent on revenge! As Commander Masaki plans for Winspector's replacement, he is forced to make a critical decision, the darkest and most difficult of his career. The stakes have never been higher as Tokyo is plunged into chaos! The series finale of Winspector!



Notes:
Here it is, at long last, the final episode of Winspector. It's a great episode. Wraps everything up nicely and leads into Solbrain perfectly. I took a bit of a liberty with a localization, Ryoma's quote about "saving the soul and the brain", but I thought it worked well, and the meaning of what he says is really the same. It just is a nice lead-in.

A slight liberty taken, but a good one.
Masaki's crisis of conscience is intense, one of my favorite moments of the series. To have to make that kind of decision is beyond intense.

They said it couldn't be done, that one person couldn't sub a show by themselves. Even though I subbed it myself, I would never have completed it without the help of others.

Special thanks and gratitude to:
  • Ignis of Over-Time, for helping me get these episodes out to you, and answering my questions on the various programs used to do it and for questions about subtitle timing and typeset styling.
  • MegaAnon, for very useful advice about subbing in general.
  • FortMax/BunnyHat for the 10-bit raws I'll use in the batch. 
  • Tom Constantine for being a backup if I needed it.
  • TokuSwag for telling everyone how awesome Winspector is. Angel from LovexCare for the same reason. Same for DenO from Tokunation.
And ALL OF YOU for supporting, watching, and interacting since last May. Thank you, thank you, you are all amazing.



To address a few key questions:
  • Yes, I am working on Solbrain.
  • Yes, there will be a batch.
  • I will probably do Exceedraft after Solbrain if I can to round out the Rescue Police trilogy.

11 comments:

  1. Excelent, thaks for hace make this series, i had a request, if a future not so long you can make B-Fighter o Blues SWAT :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the show!!
    It was not possible to watch Winspector in Brazil at the original airing, because the channel that aired the show did not reach my town without dish antenna. But thanks to you I could watch this great series. Aewsome!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much, I love Winspector! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am curious, what hmm how to say, level is your Japanese and are you using the Japanese scripts to help guide you in your translating? You know there are Japanese scripts for Winspector and Solbrain and Exceedraft? I think it would be a big help.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was the first Metal Hero show that I've been able to watch straight through, I thank you for that experience, Sailor Otaku.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much man! I always wanted to watch Winspector with the original dub. Thankyou so much!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow I am just overwhelmed. I searched for Winspector my whole life because I had seen it in German television in 1992. But it is nowhere to find. Thanks to you I can now rewatch my favorite childhood-series. And I am also interested in Solbrain and Exceedraft (because I want to know the whole story) and I discovered you will maybe do this, too?! Thumbs up for this great work!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hah, me too. But the Television Station had the Tapes in their archive stored, we just need a publisher who is licensing it and distributed Winspector in Germany. ^^

      Delete
  8. Congratulations for the great work.
    Winspector is a great series recently re-watched dubbed, and remains as good as it was before, I forward to seeing both Solbrain as Special Rescue Exceedraft (which is still inedita for me).
    Congratulations again and continue with the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kudos to you for this! I've been interested in seeing more Metal Heroes subbed, including that highly regarded Rescue Police Trilogy. Thank you for taking on such an enormous undertaking. Looking forward to Solbrain and Exceedraft... after devouring every moment of Winspector. :) Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you very much for all your hard work Weeaboo. You're an ace subtitlesmith and made for some fun times. I'm excited to see Solbrain, but it better end in a let's play for the Solbrain NES game. It's so good oh my god.

    ReplyDelete